Tuesday, January 18, 2011

1 Year (where are they now)

Hello again everyone. Hope the passing of time has treated you well over these last several months. Today is a milestone day in the lives of Matthew and Sara. One year ago today Sara and I went to Peru. (On the hour of writing this is actually when we landed in Lima) I thought I would do a "where are they now" type of post. Fill everyone in on the exciting lives that we live. Well I will fill you on my life and let Sara do her own. I remember when we first landed in Peru, it was a scary time. We had no idea what to do or how to read the signs or anything really, it was like landing in a alternate universe in a way. Now though I am confident that when we go back (because we most likely will) that shocking edge of the unknown will be gone, and life will carry on without any hiccup.

Since returning in June I have been in Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Maine, Massachusetts and Nebraska. I have experimented with facial hair (in the form of a handlebar mustache that didn't go over well with some.) Really I have been floating around trying to find where to go with life. So its only fitting that today, the one year anniversary of one life experience, that I should start another. Today was my first day as a graduate student at Boston University. Yes, I am in Boston, the Athens of America and I would not be here had I not experienced Peru. I am attending school to become an Arts Administrator so I can use arts as a way to shape the cityscape by providing a venue that promotes cultural exchange, because really everything we do is an essence of culture. Peru allowed me to realize the joy of working with youth and the positive affects cultural exchange can bring to youth.

A year ago, while landing in Lima, I never would have thought that just one year from then, I would be a grad student. So who knows where I will be in life next year (still a grad student as its a 2 year program, but where will I be in my career?) Life truly is an exciting adventure full of surprises. The question now is, what is Sara doing? Will she too come to Boston?

(pictures to come as I am far too tired to do it now)

No comments:

Post a Comment